Southern Hospitality Training Services of Virginia offers classes around the state. On Monday, April 17th from 8:30 am - 5:00 pm they will be offering the Food Safety Training Class and Exam at the Salem Civic Center.
The National Restaurant Association’s ServSafe Food Safety training program is widely recognized and respected in the food service industry. Here’s why:
- Uses quality materials and exams created by food service and regulatory experts exclusively for the food service industry
- Reinvests proceeds from programs back into the industry
- Accepted in all 50 states, making it ideal for single and multi-unit operations
- A single source, one-stop show for both food safety training and the certification examination
- Delivers up-to-date regulatory information
- Provides support from food service subject matter experts available to answer questions
- Offers flexible online, classroom, in-unit and one-on-one training and examination options
How long is the ServSafe Class and Exam? Southern Hospitality Training Services of Virginia offers a one (1) day eight (8) hour class with exam.
Do I need to take the ServSafe Class in order to take the Exam? No. If you feel that you are ready to take the exam you are more than welcome to take it. Just remember the ServSafe Exam must be given by a ServSafe Certified Proctor.
What score do I need to receive to pass the ServSafe Exam. A passing score is 75% or higher. This is obtained by answering at least 60 out of 80 questions correctly. The exam has 90 questions; however there are 10 pilot questions that are for research purposes only.
How do I re-test if I don’t pass the certification exam? An examine may take the examination twice within a thirty day period, if necessary. If a third attempt is required, the examinee must wait at least sixty days from their last attempt.
How much does the ServSafe Class and Exam Cost? With Southern Hospitality Training Services of Virginia you don’t need to be a member of the State Restaurant Association to get the best price around. There are no member and non-member prices. The price is $150.00 per person which includes shipping.
FOR MORE INFORMATION OR TO REGISTER - https://sohova.org/